The American Legion is powerful voice in Washington dedicated to preserving the rights we've all earned, and were promised, by our service to our nation. Success of the American Legion and all its posts depends entirely on active membership, participation and volunteerism. The organization belongs to the men and women it serves and the communities in which it thrives. If you have served honorably during any eligible war eras or are on active duty, become a member of The American Legion, Department of Nebraska. We're veterans just like you who care about America, veterans and their families and our nation's youth.
- Why You Should Belong (PDF Brochure)
- Why I Should Belong (30-second mp4 video)
World War I - Apr. 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918
Frequently Asked Questions About Membership
1. I just moved to Nebraska. How do I transfer my membership from another state to the Department of Nebraska or to another post within the state of Nebraska?
Simple - just fill out the Member Data Form (Form No. 30-001 ) as per the instructions on the back of the form.
2. How do I join a local American Legion Post in Nebraska?
Easy - just walk into your local post with a copy of your DD-214 and let them know you are interested in joining. If you meet the eligibility dates, then the Legionnaire can fill out the membership form. You will get the receipt portion while the membership form will be provided to the Post Adjutant.
3. I can't find my DD-214 - now what?
Don't worry - you can request a copy of your DD-214 by visiting the National Archives - Veterans Service Record web site.
4. How can I find a local post?
Visit The American Legion Post Locator web site and type in your zip code to find posts near you.
Additional Membership Information
Additional Information for American Legion Posts